Thank you for deciding to purchase one of our puppies. The seller certifies that upon receipt, your puppy is in good health and has been immunized and wormed to the accompanying health record by a Board Licensed Veterinarian. Your new puppies have been seen by at Shelton Veterinary Clinic. Please feel free to call with any questions or concerns that you might have. This contract is written for the protection of both the breeder and the buyer – However, it is primarily written to protect the health and general wellbeing of the puppy.
Terms and Conditions:
By putting a deposit on a puppy, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions within this contract. We require a $200.00 dollar deposit in order to hold the puppy of your choice. The deposit has to be paid online with the remainder of the purchase amount paid on pick up. This remainder amount can be cash or paid online. This deposit is non-refundable unless there is a problem with the health of your puppy. In that case, the buyer will have their choice of a full refund or of transferring that deposit toward another puppy. **Please be certain that you are ready for the time commitment and financial responsibility of a puppy prior to putting a deposit on one. **
- General Health Warranty: Your pet is guaranteed to be healthy that is to say there are no serious health problems. However, for this warranty to be effective, you must (1) Take your pet to a veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase and (2) notify me within 72 hours of any major problem. Ear mites, worms and coccidian are not serious health problems if treated and not covered by this warranty, as your animals are susceptible to them. Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is a serious health problem but excluded from this warranty as this is generally caused by too much activity and/or to little food and is within your control.
- GENETIC WARRANTY: Your pet is guaranteed against any life-threatening genetic or hereditary problems for (12) months from the time of purchase.
- If you notify me within 72 hours on general or 12 months on genetic warranty from the time of purchase that your pet has a life-threatening problem from your vet, then the dog can be returned and replaced with another puppy of equal value. If a puppy is not available at the time, the buyer will be first in line for a puppy of equal value from next litter. A written and signed statement in detail of the defect from the veterinarian who diagnosed the problem and upon my vet confirming your vet’s findings. If the buyer decides they would rather keep the dog, he may do so and half the price of the dog will be returned under the provision that he have the dog neutered. The money will be refunded upon receiving from the veterinarian a written and signed statement that the dog was spayed/neutered.
- As a condition to the Genetic warranty in the event your pet dies within 12 months from the time of purchase, you must provide a written autopsy report from a State Veterinary School or lab confirming that a genetic defect was responsible for the death of the pet.
- The seller makes no warranty as to the size or coat length of puppy when grown.
- Your registration papers will be delivered at time of purchase, or as soon we received them from AKC. You are guaranteed AKC papers on the above puppy.
- Your puppy has been fed a high quality raw diet. If you choose not to keep your pet on this food, you should mix the sample dog food which I’m giving to you with the puppy food of your choice, slowly changing the food. Abrupt changes in food can upset your new pet. DO NOT FEED TABLE SCRAPS OR MILK!!
- In connection with all of the foregoing, under no circumstances will I be responsible for any expenses incurred by you. The foregoing warranties are in lieu of all other warranties, express or implied.